How easy is it to switch broadband and line rental to Zen?
It couldn’t be easier to switch to Zen, so what are you waiting for? You no longer need a MAC code to change your internet provider. Thanks to new industry rules around switching providers, you can move to Zen easier and quicker than ever before. In fact, we’ll take care of the entire thing! All you have to do is place your order with us. From then on, we’ll do the rest. So just sit back, and look forward to the day your new connection goes live. Place your order now – you don’t even need to speak to a member of our team!
How long will it take to switch?
As soon as your broadband order has been accepted and ongoing payment has been processed we’ll confirm your activation date. If you are switching your service from another provider it will take approximately 2 weeks.
What do I need to get Fibre Broadband?
- An operational telephone line
- Your telephone line must be connected to an enabled exchange
- Check our Broadband Availability Checker to see if your line will support fibre optic broadband technology and if it does what line speeds you can expect
- The telephone line must be of sufficient quality and not part of a switchboard
- The telephone line must not use incompatible services
- Incompatible services include: Subscriber private metering, 30k Loop, Auxiliary lines, PBX lines, Private Circuits, Red ABC, Featurenet 5000 services, other Broadband xDSL Services (inc. BT Videostream & BT Datastream S) and Meterpulse facility.
Can I order Fibre Broadband without line rental?
We appreciate that not everyone has broadband and phone contracts that run in sync, this is why we have made all our new Fibre products available with and without line rental. There is a premium charge of £4.50 (£5.40 inc VAT) for taking Fibre only but when you are ready you can add your line rental and take advantage of the Fibre and Phones Package pricing.
What does "Truly Unlimited" actually mean?
It means exactly that – no limits on what you can download and no limits when it comes to speed. Unlike other providers, we don’t have a Fair Usage Policy or enforce Traffic Management – that means we don’t artificially slow down your connection to allow other users to access our network, which would in turn make your speeds slower. This means you can enjoy your unlimited download allowance at the fastest speed your connection can support, at any given time – no matter what type of media, service of application you’re trying to access.
When can I get Fibre Broadband?
To determine if you can already access Fibre Broadband services, check what is available to you now by visiting our Broadband Availability Checker, entering your telephone number and postcode. If you have access to Fibre Optic Broadband you will be provided with an estimated speed. If not you can use this link to find if your exchange is one of those planned for the Fibre Broadband rollout. Please bear in mind that this information is subject to change and will be updated on a monthly basis.
What is a static IP address and why do I need one?
An IP address is a unique number identifying the location of your computer on the Internet, enabling it to communicate with other computers. A static IP address from us means your computer is assigned a fixed, permanent address that is unique to you and does not change. You will need a static IP address, if you want to:
- Run your own FTP server
- Run your own website
- Host online gaming sessions
- Host your own website or domain name server
- Connect to your computer from anywhere in the world via remote access
- Ensure other computers can locate your computer anywhere across the internet
- Conduct voice-over-IP calls or other web-based services