What is changing?
We are adding a new clause 10.8. The text of this clause is set out below:
- 10 CHARGES
- 10.8 During your monthly billing cycle if your call charges exceed £50 including VAT we will contact you to notify you of the amount outstanding. If the total continues to increase and exceeds £75.00 including VAT then we will contact you to inform you that a payment of £50.00 by Direct Debit is required to enable your service to continue. We will continue to contact you at £50 and £75 incremental increases to take further payments by Direct Debit during your billing cycle. The only exception to this is if you have a credit account with Zen. This policy is to protect Zen and the Customer from fraud and fraudulent use of the service.
We are adding a new clause 10.9. The text of this clause is set out below:
- 10 CHARGES
- 10.9 Your Service may be subject to additional charges. These charges are listed on our website and you will be notified of the exact amount of the charge in the event that such a charge becomes payable. All additional charges are payable in advance.
We have also adding a new section to the website called "Additional Charges" as per the text below:
- 1 ENGINEER CHARGES
- 1.1 In the event that you have a fault with your Service, we will implement the following procedure:
- 1.1.1 when you call into our Support team to register a fault with your service we will conduct an investigation into the fault. During this process you may be asked to check and advise on details about your Service. This will include directions to carry out simple tests and to report back the status following the tests. All of the requests will be explained and it is your responsibility to carry out the tests at your premises and provide accurate feedback;
- 1.1.2 based on your feedback, we will decide if an Engineer visit is required and our Support team will advise you of the chosen course of action and associated costs. You can then decide if you want the Engineer visit to go ahead.
- 1.2 In the event that a BT engineer is called to repair a fault to your Service, a charge of £130 exc VAT will be made in respect of:
- 1.2.1 repairing faults (where this work is not already covered under your Agreement with us);
- 1.2.2 providing or rearranging services where standard Openreach charges are not available;
- 1.2.3 internal and external shifts; and
- 1.2.4 where a fault is found not to be with any Openreach service or equipment. In particular this covers the situation where no fault is found, or the fault is found to be on non-Openreach equipment, or is due to damage caused by someone at your Premises, or due to theft, loss or removal of equipment, or in the case of equipment owned or rented by you or faults caused by external or environmental factors (eg lightning, electrical surges or floods).
- 2 ABORTIVE VISIT CHARGES
- 2.1 We reserve the right to raise an 'Abortive Visit Charge' of £144 exc VAT if an appointment is agreed for work at your Premises and the engineer arrives within the appointment slot but is unable to carry out the work at, or gain access to, your premises. This may be because entry to your premises is refused or no access can be gained or where the person who placed the order or their representative is not available to provide detailed work instruction (i.e. socket location).
- 2.2 An Abortive Visit Charge will also be imposed when:
- 2.2.1 order cancellation charges are not applicable but appointments are cancelled or delayed after the contractual cancellation window; or
- 2.2.2 an escort is not available. This is because Engineers cannot enter premises unescorted or with a person under the age of 18.
- 3 EXCESS CONSTRUCTION CHARGES
- 3.1 We may be required to carry out additional construction work prior to or during installation of your Service (for example, additional infrastructure may be needed to provide a new or an extended service at your Premises). Excess Construction Charges will be due and payable in addition to our standard connection charges.
- 3.2 When Excess Construction is required, a survey will be carried out and charges will be individually assessed. These charges are in addition to the standard connection charges which apply for your Service.
- 3.3 You agree to pay for any and all charges in relation to any additional work for installation of the Service including the cost of any additional equipment. However, prior to incurring such costs, you will be presented with a revised quotation and given the option to proceed or not with the installation work. If you elect not to proceed with the installation of an individual Service pursuant to this paragraph no costs will be incurred by you in relation to that individual Service, however, such cancellation shall not cancel any other Services that you have ordered from Zen, or discharge your obligation to pay the Charges for such Services, whether or not such orders have been fulfilled.
- 4 CANCELLATION CHARGES
- 4.1 For the avoidance of doubt, the following cancellation charges are not applicable for Home Talk customers:
- 4.1.1 New Line – cancelled before 1600 on the day before install £7 exc VAT;
- 4.1.2 New line - cancelled after 1600 on the day before install £60 exc VAT;
- 4.1.3 Stopped Line £4 exc VAT; and/or
- 4.1.4 Transfer £4 exc VAT.
- 5 NTE5 SHIFT
- 5.1 The following charges shall be payable in the event that the NTE5 is to be moved:
- 5.1.1 If done whilst engineer is already on site £65 exc VAT (includes 1 hour);
- 5.1.2 If dedicated visit £130 exc VAT (includes 1 hour); and/or
- 5.1.3 Additional Hours £65 exc VAT per hour.
- 6 NUMBER CHANGE
- 6.1 The following charges shall be payable in the event of a number change:
- 6.1.1 If renumbering an existing line £16 exc VAT (this will not be charged where the renumbering is taking place as result of malicious calls); and/or
- 6.1.2 New install manual reservation £2 exc VAT.
- 7 GENERAL CHARGES
- 7.1 The following charges may be also be applied:
- 7.1.1 Flexible Appointments - £12.50 exc VAT;
- 7.1.2 WLR Customer requires different product – order cancellation charge will be dependent on the order;
- 7.1.3 WLR Date Change: customer missed appointment - £3.50 exc VAT;
- 7.1.4 WLR issued in error - £3.50 exc VAT; and/or
- 7.1.5 WLR Number Selection - £1.20 exc VAT.
We have also amended our Zen Talk call tariffs - Business Talk and Home Talk.
Why have we made these changes?
We wanted to be more transparent about the steps that we will take to prevent and detect fraud and fraudulent use of the service.
We also wanted to be more transparent about the additional charges which may be applied to your account in certain circumstances, for example, where we are unable to gain access to your premises to diagnose or fix a fault, or where excess construction is needed to install your service. We have also clarified the charges which may be applied in the event that an engineer is called to your premises and the charges which you will be charged for calls that you make.
When will the change take effect?
This change will take effect:
- immediately for orders placed on or after the date this notice is issued; and
- for existing customers, 30 days after this notice is issued
The issue date of this notice is Thurssday, 21st June 2012.