Just outside Manchester city centre and easily accessed from the M62 our data centre is monitored 24/7 by automated management systems combined with an onsite central monitoring team, security guards and CCTV.
Our Data Centre
As companies become more and more dependent on their IT systems, and the movement towards cloud computing rapidly accelerates, there’s an ever-increasing demand for secure and reliable data centre capacity.
And now, as the North West’s multi award-winning ISP and hosting specialists we are answering that demand – with an investment in a new £4 million purpose-built Greater Manchester data centre, providing the region’s businesses with the service and support they deserve.
Strategically positioned and 100% independent, this new 1,350m2, energy efficient and environmentally friendly Tier 2 data centre will host a range of
Benefits of our Data Centre
- Maximum security - our new data centre will be monitored around the clock by automated management systems with an on-site monitoring team, CCTV and 24hr security guards – covering every square millimetre of the secure, temperature controlled environment
- Energy efficient - 100% guaranteed power - our new data centre incorporates state of the art N+1 power and environmental management infrastructure which will provide 2MVA capacity. Diesel Rotary Uninterruptible Power Supplies (DRUPS) ensure that incoming mains power is conditioned and that power is always available even in the event of a mains outage. With 100% guaranteed power, customers can be sure of 100% uptime from their hosted services
- Eco-friendly - 100% green commitment - overall DRUPS consume less energy than static battery based systems to provide uninterruptible power, which reduces the data centre’s impact on the environment. This is part of a strategic commitment made by Zen, as reflected by our ISO 14001:2004 certifications for Environmental Management Systems.
- Service level agreements - Service level agreements will guarantee 100% power availability, 99.97% HVAC and 99.999% network uptime, exceeding typical Tier 2 data centres. The new data centre will ensure that Zen has the capacity to support the hosting needs of our customers, while providing scope for us to further develop our hosting portfolio
- Easy to get to - Our Greater Manchester data centre is located outside of the city centre and positioned just off the M62, making it easily accessible from most cities in the north of England
Features of our Data Centre
- 24/7 manned security and CCTV
- 24/7 environmental monitoring and management
- Comprehensive remote hands service
- Convenient low risk location
- 100% independently owned
- N+1 State of the art Diesel Rotary UPS
- N+1 Heating, Ventilation and Cooling
- ISO9001 and ISO14001 accredited
- On-site support team 24/7
- Connected to our resilient, high speed network
Our Data Centre SLA commitments
- 100% power availability
- 99.97% HVAC uptime
- 99.999% network uptime
- Resilient 100Mbps Internet connection
- Flexible data transfer bandwidth allowances
Why build our own data centre rather than rent space in someone else’s?
At Zen, we believe that our business hosting products should feature the same high standards and commitment to quality as our business connectivity products. By having our own data centre, built to our own specifications and run by members of our team, we can ensure that we maintain our independence and our award-winning levels of service and support.
With over 16 years of experience and numerous awards, this investment in the new data centre also demonstrates Zen’s ongoing commitment to becoming not just the best ISP in the UK, but the best hosting company too.