A recent survey conducted by NW Insider revealed that the demand for Data Centre capacity will continue to rise, with the most important factors when choosing a Data Centre provider were Connectivity, Security & Technical Support.
Our Data Centre
As companies become more and more dependent on their IT systems, and the movement towards cloud computing rapidly accelerates, there’s an ever-increasing demand for secure and reliable data centre capacity.
And now, as the North West’s multi award-winning ISP and hosting specialists we are answering that demand – with an investment in a new £4 million purpose-built Greater Manchester data centre, providing the region’s businesses with the service and support they deserve. Founder and Managing Director, Richard Tang has won EN Technology Entrepreneur of the Year award for his investment in the Data Centre.
Strategically positioned and 100% independent, this new 1,350m2
Benefits of our Data Centre
- Maximum security - our new data centre will be monitored around the clock by automated management systems with an on-site monitoring team, CCTV and 24hr security guards – covering every square millimetre of the secure, temperature controlled environment
- Energy efficient - 100% guaranteed power - our new data centre incorporates state of the art N+1 power and environmental management infrastructure which will provide 2MVA capacity. Diesel Rotary Uninterruptible Power Supplies (DRUPS) ensure that incoming mains power is conditioned and that power is always available even in the event of a mains outage. With 100% guaranteed power, customers can be sure of 100% uptime from their hosted services
- Eco-friendly - 100% green commitment - overall DRUPS consume less energy than static battery based systems to provide uninterruptible power, which reduces the data centre’s impact on the environment. This is part of a strategic commitment made by Zen, as reflected by our ISO 14001:2004 certifications for Environmental Management Systems.
- Service level agreements - Service level agreements will guarantee 100% power availability, 99.97% HVAC and 99.999% network uptime, exceeding typical Tier 2 data centres. The new data centre will ensure that Zen has the capacity to support the hosting needs of our customers, while providing scope for us to further develop our hosting portfolio
- Easy to get to - Our Greater Manchester data centre is located outside of the city centre and positioned just off the M62, making it easily accessible from most cities in the north of England
Features of our Data Centre
- 24/7 manned security and CCTV
- 24/7 environmental monitoring and management
- Comprehensive remote hands service
- Convenient low risk location
- 100% independently owned
- N+1 State of the art Diesel Rotary UPS
- N+1 Heating, Ventilation and Cooling
- ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO27001 accredited
- On-site support team 24/7
- Connected to our resilient, high speed network
Our Data Centre SLA commitments
- 100% power availability
- 99.97% HVAC uptime
- 99.999% network uptime